Thursday, October 19, 2006

Today would have been Chris’s 56th Birthday. It is also my niece Becki’s 18th - lots of 19th Birthdays in this family.

The boys have been very protective – extremely funny – and exceptionally rude in their humour. Tonight, we had crazy stir fries and cherry cake with Bryony on the phone.

My sons are magnificent. They are obviously going through their own grief but their attention to mine is extra-ordinary. I feel very privileged that the last couple of weeks have given me a greater insight into their world.

This summer on Brac - Sue said; “Jimmy’s so funny but imagine how funny he would be without the grown ups around!” I feel that I have become an honorary young man over the last couple of weeks and Bryony, Gilly and I have been treated to young male humour at it’s scatological and tasteless best!

Chris wasn’t here for his Birthday but we did him proud.