Monday, October 16, 2006

The fourth week starts

The early morning sleeplessness left me waking abruptly to make Jim a cup of tea c/o the new radio/CD/alarm. I was going to write about seconds being as bad as first but then I read last Monday on the blogg and I can see the distance I have travelled.

I also received an email from my nephew Max, which was lovely. So I will write what I thought about during the night.

I decided that I have no regrets.

We were always a family that embraced technology (Max) – having had a Teasmade in this house, for as long as I can remember! Chris would wake me up with a cup of tea and I would then take the dog for a walk in the park.

I always have my best ideas IPWD and a few days before Chris died I remember coming home and saying to him; “Do you know what the best bit of my day is?”
He said he didn’t, so I told him; “Waking up in bed next to you.”
He said “Really?” and I said “Yes.”

Now I wake up on my own in bed and it’s hard. But what I was thinking last night was - how much harder would it be if I had regrets and thought I wish I'd done this or I wish I’d said that. That would be unbearable.