Monday, October 23, 2006

One of the mails I got this weekend has reminded me of something that I have told a few people since Chris died.

When you travel with a man who can’t walk you have to do things differently and one of the things we used to have to do - was to have little choice about which restaurant we went to – we had no option we had to go to the nearest one.

A lot of people go on holiday and walk round and round a place trying to decide which restaurant to go to and sometimes this can lead to arguments. Chris and I never had the choice so we would be happily enjoying our wine and meal when others would still be trying to decide which place to go to. Sometimes knowing you have no choice means that you can just get on and enjoy things.

I have no choice now – Chris is dead and I have to just get on and enjoy things without him.