Friday, October 27, 2006

sorting stuff

Got a lovely card from the Netherlands today as well as caring emails from Croatia and Stacksteads. Knowing that people are thinking about me is just fantastic.

After the pub lunch with Jim yesterday, I got down to sorting out money stuff and felt a lot better when I had made some decisions and found the bits of paper.

The stuff sorting has to take place at times when I have the energy.

Yesterday Rob, Jimmy and I did the food cupboards and this morning I did the flour and bread making stuff. That is one thing I am really missing – homemade bread. Chris would make a couple of loaves a week, as well as pizza bases and home made pasta. I think I need to start making bread.

Chris would have agreed with one of today’s emails – he would not want to have left pain behind him – he would want us to continue our lives knowing joy and pleasure.

This morning I was in IPWD and went to the place where Chris used to go – confirmed by Keith via Gilly. I sat on the bench and texted Rob and Alex. Behind the seat is a beautiful Beech tree – with golden leaves - and I have decided that this is where we will scatter Chris’s ashes.