Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Today is the day that I get the hand controls taken out of both cars. I have just taken the big one round to Double S Motors. They were lovely with me and just took the keys off me without expecting me to speak - thanks Gilly.

I then took the dog to Sefton Park and walked round the back of the cricket pitch. It reminded me of last Friday and how Aziz and Jamal got a football and started playing on the pitch. Within minutes it was full of a gang of young men and boys all playing the universal game of park football.

This then led to my recalling how Jeanette and I had played for the Vandyke Dolly Birds. It was the summer of 1974. I was working in Derwent House Remand Home and a girl who had absconded was playing for the opposite team!




I then walked through an avenue of beech trees and listened to the rain and thought about Jan who died in 1995.

I then thought about how I love this blogg knowing that some of you will share some of these memories and are even in the photo!

Time now to take the little car to the garage. Chris only had the hand controls fitted whilst I was in New York last month. It will be funny to drive a car without them.