Saturday, October 21, 2006

Conkers – a great success – the dog is happy and there isn’t a knuckle not bruised – except mine.

Cooking – elementary mistakes – the baking tray (my choice) was too small for Jamal's chocolate brownies and they did a great impression of a volcano - very messy - but very tasty!

Bamzooki – a real result – Aziz’s creation 'Butter Freak' has been accepted onto the CBBC site.

Cards – we will do after tea.

Today I’ve been in the ‘ Four weeks ago today’ loop. It seems like yesterday but it also seems a long time ago.

That Saturday I had taken Aziz, Jamal and Jimmy over to my sister Ann’s where we had had lunch with my parents, Jenny, Bryony and a couple of her friends. Then my boys, sisters and I went for a 5/6 mile walk.

When we got home Chris had made the best ever Ciabatta loaf which we ate with soup and cheese over a long and animated discussion about evolution and pre-Cambrian Fossils. Aziz, Jamal and I had to go to the World Museum the next day to sort out a couple of Chris’s references. The answer was the Burgess Shale in Canada.

To do this well - and I want to do this well - I now have to work out how we do things differently. I am beginning to recognise that I have still got bereavementitis – symptoms include an inability to function properly e.g. bereaved shopping and bereaved cooking.

But I have also begun the process of doing things differently – all the first etc – and the boys and myself have taken and accepted different roles.

Time for tea – still not got back round the table yet.