Thursday, December 21, 2006

Rob’s birthday went surprising well – I bought him a lovely coat after we had looked at half the shops in Liverpool – but it was worth the trouble. Rob, like the other two boys, doesn’t ever go clothes shopping, so the day had novelty value for us both!

In the evening we went for an Indian meal which was really nice and then we all met up with some of Rob’s friends and some of mine. It was another first – the first time I had been drinking in Lark Lane with all three of my sons!

Been Christmas shopping today as feel I should – but my heart’s not really in it. Anyway done what I have to do and tomorrow will go out with Rob to buy some stuff to take to my Mums.

Alex is working Jimmy very hard – it’s physics today – mind you he showed me his end of year test paper – you can only get better than 0%!

Had a somewhat tetchy email correspondent with Chris’ employer who attached two letters he maintained he sent me – I replied suggesting they reviewed their organisational processes because it’s all very well writing letters but if the recipient doesn’t get them – they’re not a lot of use! Chris would have had a laugh at this as he always sceptical of their ability to organises things!

Feeling quite comfortable today.