Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Joan and I went out last night and ate blue fish and talked work which was good. Today we are going to Rhode island to see Brenda’s adult center. Brenda always greets people with a bone crushing hug and Joan and I were laughing that I ought to wear some of protection because we both knew that the hug I get later today will be a serious bone-crusher and I look forward to it!

I find America a hard place to be comfortable in because of the extremes for example the homeless sleeping rough in the affluence that is downtown Boston. I know that these extremes are visible in Europe but the contrast is so much greater here and I know we will see that today in Brenda’s center.

Spoke to Gilly last night , she and Jim seemed to be fine and she was thrilled to hear about her boots!