Saturday, December 16, 2006

Getting used to being on my own

I have just spent my longest time alone in the house ever. The boys are all away at the snooker in York and are back later today. Being on my own has been good for me and if I look back over the last three months – I think this was the thing I have been dreading most – being completely on my own. I could have phoned people last night – I could have done my blogg but I didn’t - I read the paper, watched some telly, drank some wine and was OK.

IPWD this morning I was thinking about being on my own and how I will get used to it and I at some point enjoy it – I was just thinking this when a rainbow appeared and reinforced my opinion!

Did some money things and had a run in with a ‘jobs worth’ in the Abbey building society who was just telling me that ‘their policy requires a death certificate as well as the probate’. I walked and will do it by post. I have a strong feeling that I want to get these bits and pieces of loose ends tied up.

Work was good yesterday and I didn’t run into too many mines – though I was very tired by the end of the week.

Just cooked large veggie pies – cooking for boys always makes me happy and I will now go and pick them up.