Friday, December 08, 2006

I woke very early yesterday and felt very homesick but when I met the others for breakfast – they were all feeling the same. Finally worked out how to use to phone card from the hotel room so I talked to both Rob and Alex and felt better.

In the morning we looked around the downtown area, visiting the African Meeting Hall and school. Later we had a long meeting with another Foundation which we all felt went very well. Then Charlie took us to dinner with Joan.

Am very ready to go home today and feel that it has been a successful trip. Not just for the team but for me personally. It has been a long week and I do struggle whenever I come to America with the wasteful approach to the environment epitomised in the monstrously large cars and portions of food etc. However the people I meet are also just lovely and the best bit of this trip has been meeting some old friends and I have enjoyed and appreciated their love.

The weather forecast for today is snow.

This is a picture of Trish and Janine at the Old State House in downtown Boston - this is where the whole Boston Tea Party kicked off!