Sunday, December 17, 2006

I am hiding in the back room so I thought I’d do my blogg. Alex is working with Jimmy on his Maths and Physics in the other room, which is fantastic. I knew that school wasn’t really working for Jimmy but I also didn’t feel I could go there. My first attempt a few weeks ago was a bit of a disaster. Anyway Alex has talked to school and is now getting Jimmy down to some hard work – he is a very patient teacher – particularly as he has a very bad hangover this morning having been out for Jake’s birthday yesterday evening and got in a round with Mattie Savage! Rob is going to talk history with Jim and I will support the process by doing my favourite thing of feeding boys and making lots of cups of tea.

Went for a run this morning and got absolutely soaked but I enjoyed it. I have decided that I am not going to send Christmas cards this year and we don’t think we will get a Christmas tree or decorate the house – though I think I will put the outside lights up later this week as the Avenue always looks good and this is the first house.

I don’t want to send cards for several reasons – I am still in October in my head - and I just don't feel remotely Christmassy – also Chris used to do our cards and I can’t face doing them – so I wont and I am sure my friends and family will understand.

We are going to Mum and Dads for Christmas which will be fine – they usually come here – so going there will be different - and I am looking at it more like a holiday away - Rob and I have just talked to my Mum about the shopping etc.

Time to make the working boys another cup of tea!