Saturday, December 09, 2006

Back home

It’s lovely to be back home though I found the process of coming home really hard.

We had been working away, filling the rest of time with companionable shopping and fine Boston dining when suddenly it was the last day, bitingly cold winds so we pottered, buying hats, souvenirs and make-up until it was time to go to the airport.

At some point during the day the recognition that I was going home to a ‘Chris-less’ house hit me and I struggled.

Trish, Mary and Janine were lovely and the made it easier for me. Anyway the flight was OK, we slept and then I was home.

I have now picked the dog up, slept for a bit and admired Jim in his new jeans and feel so happy to be home, drinking one of Rob’s cup of teas – he makes the best cup of tea in the world!

So back home feeling safe – just going food shopping with Rob - Aziz and Jamal around at 4 ‘til Monday – Peri is taking her choir to the final of the BBC Choir competition.

I am so lucky.