Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A better day

Today was much better – mind I didn’t go out of my comfort zone at work – but that’s OK.

Another reason I was so upset yesterday was actually a lovely one – when I came home from work there was a Christmas card – which had been sent by Chris’s friends and colleagues at Clarence Street – it was an Oxfam card which ‘Teaches a teacher’ somewhere in the world. I’m looking at it now and am very very moved by the kind thought – it makes me cry but that’s not a bad thing!

Dial-a-Deli came yesterday and I bought all these new things – things for two - like two rare breed pork chops and two free-range chicken kebabs. Seemed a good idea for Jim and me on a week night. I have decided to cook more vegetarian stuff over Christmas and to actually consult recipe books – I have never really done this – I always just cooked what I knew - but Chris always liked to try new recipes.

Gilly is coming round for tea tonight - she and her sister Clare from Australia - called round briefly on Sunday – but it will be nice to see Gilly – apparently the boots fitted perfectly!