Thursday, December 14, 2006

'Post Chris' world of work

Feel that my blogg is a bit dysfunctional at the moment and think it is because I am!

I am also operating in two worlds – me and this world – all the things that go along with my ‘Post-Chris’ world – my home, my boys, my friends/family – my ‘out of work’ life - so I’m getting to grips this ‘me’ world - cooked quite well this week - managed to shop etc etc – but I’m also going back into the other world - my 'world of work' – and as I become more at home there – it is becoming strangely alien to me!

Having re-read this sentence – I see why I’m a bit dysfunctional at the moment!

I compare my life at the moment to that of a small ship – sailing in a mine field. The mine sweeper has passed over my friends, family and close work colleagues – I can meet them comfortably – but in the world of at work I feel like I’m in a mine field – people are re-acting so strangely to me – probably because they know a ‘work mode’ of me – and also people put their own interpretations onto my situation – it is very hard - people trying to be helpful can be so very difficult.

I have found this week hard but I have also had some great support and that’s what it’s all about.

Had a long conversation with Bryony in the middle of posting this blogg and have decided that other people's dysfunctionality is not my problem!