Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Went shopping with Les today – she is still waiting for a diagnosis and has a liver scan next week. We had a nice shop – I bought some new work clothes and some bits for the house – quite a conscious effort to make little things different.

Had a good chat to Jim this morning about next week when we are both back at work. I think I will work to 4.30 and then come home and put in another hour at home – whilst Jim does his homework. Am feeling almost ready to go back – the trip away was good for me.

On the way home from Scotland Gilly and I went to see Hadrian’s Wall travelling on the Military Road the B6318 from Greenhead to Chollerford. This is a very special road for me and was Chris’s favourite road. It runs parallel with Hadrian’s Wall and is like a roller coaster up and down – with ‘Severe Dip’ signs every blind summit!

It was along this road that for years we would go to visit Chris’s Mum and it was along this road that Chris would talk about his childhood, Kirk Shields, his parents. I hadn’t thought about visiting this area but I am so glad I did. Touching base with special memories and getting a big first out of my system.

Gilly and I stopped at Housesteads Fort but didn’t linger as it was blowing a gale – photo of me with the Housesteads behind me – looks more impressive in real life! I am wearing a pink tea cosy of a hat that I bought in Fort William.



This is a photo of Chris on the B6318 before we were married.