Monday, November 06, 2006

Picked up Kipper who survived bonfire night – they said it had been very quiet – even so he still managed to eat his bed! We were all so pleased he wasn’t here last night as the fireworks were tremendously loud and even closer – they also seem to go on all night.

So IPWD but to Calderstones Park a change – it was beautiful in the sunshine. I thought about the weekend and realised that I hadn’t mentioned that Mum and Dad got a personal card from the Queen (aka Lizzie to my Mother!). The card was very fine with a golden tassel, personally signed and much admired!

They are having another party in a fortnight for all their friends and neighbours. I have decided not to go to that one and told my Dad yesterday. He understood.

60 years of marriage is worth celebrating and a card from the Queen!

Talked to a lot of people about loss over the weekend. Consistent messages. It takes time. Do it in your own way. Accept you are grieving. Take your own time. So that’s what I’ll do.