Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Not brilliant this morning but that’s OK as I was good yesterday.

One of the things I am struggling with is the news/newspaper. I know I have to come out of my cocoon but the world is a profoundly depressing place to re-engage with. My tiny world is sad but I have proved to myself that I can cope with that. However I am finding the real world of Iraq, Global Warming and mass human madness so hard. But I suppose I found a way of living with it before and must do so again.

This morning I finished another book ‘The Little Drummer Girl’ by John Le Carre. It is set in the heart of the Israeli/Palestine conflict and was written in 1983. The year Alex was born. The children born in Palestine, the same year as Alex, are now young people having known nothing but violence all their lives.

Cheerful blogg this one!