Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hadn’t got anything planned today but it’s been OK. Trish, Debs and Paul came round from work and we talked. Can feel it getting closer and once I get the initial first meetings with everyone out of the way I am sure I will be fine.

Margaret and Ioanna also came round and we talked about the impact of specific initiatives on young people in schools which re-enforced my ability to talk about these things!

Jimmy had a meeting at school with his head of VIth form and although he’s been attending school he hasn’t really been participating. We had a good chat about it and have decided not to make any decisions for a bit and see if he can start to concentrate. I said I thought he was doing brilliantly as I haven’t even been able to get into work yet let alone do any work!

Jim, Gilly and I are going away tomorrow. Jim is going to stay at Alex’s and Gilly and I will just go and see where we get too. On the way we are calling into Huddersfield University and Jimmy’s going to meet someone from their music technology course - I’m hoping that this will help him see a bit farther forward which will hopefully help him concentrate. I know it will also be good for him to talk with Alex. Rob has been in London for a few days but is back today.

The dog’s going back into kennels tomorrow, so made a new portable bed for him from an old sleeping bag, appropriately Chris’s old one and cooked a pan of boiled rice for his tea – from his tummy rumbling he’s still got problems!

I was pleased with the news from the US election knowing that a lot of good friends of mine have worked very hard over the last few months/years for such a result.