Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sydney


These were sent via the phone - and both Jenny and Claire had real trouble printing them out!

Sunday 26th April Sydney

Dear Mum

Am now in Sydney and leave this afternoon for New Zealand. Through the magic of the internet I now know that Claire has a printer - so I can send letters to Abbeyfield again - thank you Claire! The technology is magic as I am writing this letter on my phone! I have left my computer in Melbourne as this afternoon I am going to fly to New Zealand with my dear friend Sue - she is from Bacup but is staying with her brother in Australia for three months.

I flew down from Melbourne yesterday and had a grand day walking around Sydney - the weather was extraordinary - when I arrived it was baking hot - walking down into Sydney I had my sun glasses on and looked for the shade it was so hot. But by the evening there had been hail storms and I really needed my jacket and scarf!

Here was the view from the apartment I am staying in - 12th floor with a great view of the back of Sydney! I walked down to the famous waterfront - it is funny seeing things in real life that you know - Sydney Opera house was just like I knew it - but bigger - and the waterfront was sort of smaller than I had envisaged! I got a ferry and did a round trip of the harbour - it had loads of ferries and reminded me very much of Hong Kong.

I got back to the waterfront and was walking around the Opera House when the weather changed completely and there was a short but very violent hail storm - crazy weather!

The sun then came out and I walked back! So summer to winter in one afternoon! Am off to New Zealand this afternoon - we are in a camper van and I may not be able to write that often - but hope you well and happy my lovely Mum - with lots and lots and lots and lots of love.

Tricia xxxxxxxx