Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Abu Dhabi!


Dear Mum

Well I am in Abu Dhabi! airport! I left Melbourne last evening and it was a long flight around 13 hours to here.

I was lucky with the seats again and got the one with all the leg room at the front - I had eaten a big dinner at Kerry’s so I just went to sleep on the plane - listening to Little Dorrit on audiobook and knitting when I woke up this morning. Can’t say it was a full nights sleep but I definitely got some sleep so that was good.

I have a few hours here until my flight leaves for Ahmedabad, but I asked a young man where the restaurants are and he gave me two vouchers one for breakfast and one for lunch - which was a bonus. I also found a shower so I had a good wash and then went to duty free and smothered myself with very expensive face creams and Channel No 5 perfume! Things to do when at an airport for a while!

With the magic of the internet - here’s a photo of me writing this letter - and a little girl playing on a statue of a camel behind me!

I think when you read this letter I will be on my flight to Ahmedabad - the time difference is very confusing - I am now 6 hours behind Australia and three hours ahead of you - but that will all change tonight when I get to India - then I think I will be 4 1/2 hours ahead - which is pretty crazy!

Say Happy Birthday to Ann for me please as I am sure you will talk to her today - and I hope she’s completely over her flu!

Look after yourself my lovely Mum and I will send a letter from India when I can - lots and lots and lots of love your nomadic daughter

Tricia xxxxx