Sunday, May 17, 2015

AHMEDABAD 1



Dear Mum

I do live an amazing life! I left my Australian friends at the beginning of the week and am now with my Indian friends - I have been made so welcome here - it is just amazing! It really feels like family - especially as last time I was here I was with Jenny for Kathan and Swati’s wedding.

Yesterday I went for a walk on my own - India is so welcoming - it is really special to be a white woman on her own - as so many children and adults come up to me and start talking - smiling and welcoming me - magic!

After a meeting at a university I was then treated to lunch. If you show Jenny this photo she can tell you who everyone is!

Then Shraddha and Swati took me to the tailors as I wanted to get a couple of tops made - we had a grand time and went to lots of places before the ‘stitchers’ with my material - shopping in India is just a completely different experience!

Later one we all went to dinner at Uma and Deepak’s house - they had prepared a feast for me - and I felt very honoured! Then we drove back along the noisy, crazy Indian roads!

Today I am going out to some villages to meet some of the people involved in the work of the Manthan organisation - which will be really interesting. I am really so amazingly lucky not just to be in India but to be meeting people and being welcomed into their homes.

Hoping you well and happy and getting out everyday to feed the ducks on the moor! My friends all asked after you as they know of my family from conversations over the years, so I can send you their special regards from here in India.

Lots and lots of love my lovely Mum, 

Tricia xxxxx