Monday, January 22, 2007

The week after my birthday!

The birthday weekend is now over – thank goodness - it was a bit of a roller coaster –I was surprised because I hadn’t expected it to be – I’m not a big birthday person and thought I could just get on with it.

Friday night was hard - thanks Deirdre and Margaret – I’m glad I was doing something different but I know I wasn’t a bundle of laughs. Saturday a different meal around at my neighbours James and Fiona’s which was lovely - I enjoyed it but again I don’t think I was the life and soul of the party.

Yesterday 18 of us for dinner in the Red Fort – I was more relaxed by Sunday – so it felt more normal – though it was something that I had never done before on my birthday.

I have also become increasingly aware of how my friends have been looking after me these last couple of weeks – the thought that went into my presents –the attention to detail – the ‘little things’ - Chris would have been proud of you all!

Anyway back at work today – interviewing all day – so knackered tonight - hoping that now the birthday week is over I can just be a bit more normal – in the post Chris world that is my normality now. Not a bad place to be but still feeling a bit alien!