Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The start of a New Year

Went to the solicitor this morning with Alex, to arrange a deed of variation and a new will for me - had a lovely walk with Jan this afternoon – with two dogs - walked to the Beech Tree – Chris’s ashes are even more obvious after the rain – which was strange but I suppose natural – talked to my sister Ann which was good as we haven’t talked too much since Chris died – planned going out with Gilly on Friday – as I write - Clare is in the air somewhere between here and Australia.


This is how the old year finished – with Aziz, Jamal and Kipper on the beach – blowing a gale but having fun - am feeling very positive at the moment – at the start of a new year and am pleased to feel like this. Back to work on Friday - Alex goes to Cambridge at the weekend – it’s been lovely having him home – not just for me but also for Jimmy and the physics and maths!

Starting to plan ahead – my summer holidays – I always liked to plan them at this time of year – a week in Scotland with Aziz, Jamal and Alex and then we will go visiting – Kipper and me!

Finally got around to reading the Scottish Highlanders book and have been amazed – the book is currently focused on where the writer’s ancestors came from – and have realised that it is the bit that Gilly and I stayed when we were away – right down to the one obscure road we went on – which passed the house we he and his various forefathers/mothers lived - that seems coincidental!