Monday, January 29, 2007

A good weekend

Certainly a busy one…dancing on Friday and then in the pub with Rob, Alex home on Saturday - out again on Saturday night – a lovely meal at Sakara's – I really like their food – sandwiched between cocktails and a nightcap at Gilly’s!

A run on Sunday – hard after two late nights but all the better for that – flopped out Sunday afternoon and watched Jimmy’s birthday present the DVD – Ray – which was a film I had wanted to see since Bob recommended it to me. I also read my two Birthday books – Panoramas of the NW from Ann which was lovely – views of so many places I know and a book on British wildlife from Alex – very appropriate for the RSPB bird watch weekend - followed by a game of Bridge with the boys and Sunday tea. A happy weekend – which was good.

I also talked through the counselling for Jim and think I probably am being a bit hard on myself – I felt very bad on Friday that I hadn’t pushed for it before – but maybe we had enough to do before now – and that the time is right now. It is difficult to know what is the right thing to do – but that’s what being a parent is all about!

Anyway a new working week - Renata’s here on Thursday and I’m looking forward to that!