Saturday, January 06, 2007

Today I took the dog for a walk to the Beech tree and thought about Chris’s Mother. I met her when I was 19 and she was 68. Over the years I grew to love her dearly and I know that she loved me too. She died this time of the year at the end of 1998, at the age of 96. Chris’s Mum was a very extraordinary woman and she contributed much to Chris being the man he was – and he in turn has made me the woman I am – and I hadn’t really thought of this before!

This is a photograph of Granny on her 90th birthday.



I then went for lunch with my Mum, three sisters, Sophie, Becki and Linda. I gave Ann and Jenny matching brooches I had bought at the Lady Lever Gallery jewellery exhibition last week. Then I had my hair cut – Paula’s Mother and brother both died in December so we had good conversation about the meaning of life and matching jewellery!

Think I’ll go and light a fire – and watch the Liverpool match with Alex.