Friday, January 19, 2007

My Birthday

In five minutes it will no longer be my birthday – and I am very glad. It has been a really hard day and that doesn’t take anything away from my friends and colleagues who have all been so aware of hard I was going to find today – I think they were more aware than I was – I thought I would just make it another day. But it wasn’t. Kipper did his best to empathise with me by having a reoccurrence of his bowel disorder – thanks Kip – just what I needed!

Have just been out for a meal with Deirdre and Margaret – which was lovely – though I know I was a bit subdued and probably not the best of company - anyway looking at my watch it is now after 12 and no longer my birthday – great!

I am going out for a meal tomorrow/today and again for Sunday lunch – so thanks family and friends – I know you are with me!

Birthdays are weird at the best of times!