Sunday, February 04, 2007

Thinking about Chris

I don’t say it in the blogg – and I suppose it’s pretty obvious – but I think about Chris a lot.

I don’t think - I wish you were here – but I do think – You would have enjoyed this – You would have found this funny.

This morning Renata and I went IPWD and we went to the Beech tree and we talked. I like the Beech tree - it’s good to have a focus point to go to.




This is Renata and Kipper at the bench where Chris used to sit when he was IPWD and from where he would text me when I was in Varazdin or wherever - and again it's good to have a point of connection.



We then walked around the park which was beautiful and cold and talked about all sorts of things, returning to cook the Mexican lunch – which Chris would have hated – he just never liked Mexican food!

Then we played Newmarket which Renata won and the boys enjoyed – Jamal walking straight into Jim’s cons!



After everyone left - Jim and I have had a long evening - we don't usually do lunch!

I have been thinking about Chris and particularly the pain that he lived with. I decided I was glad that he no longer lives with that pain – and my conversations with Renata reinforced my belief that Chris went at the right time for him.

Which is why I don’t wish he was here. I do miss him all the time - but I also know I'm so lucky - and although I don't know what my future holds - I treasure and appreciate my life so far.