Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sad songs that made me happy

A week has gone by since last blogg – shows how busy I’m getting - Jimmy was ill – he had a sore throat and temperature – still got a cough but he’s a lot better now and out playing cricket with his mates and Rob. Jimmy loves cricket.

Had the boys for the weekend – we cooked yesterday and Jamal made green sponge cakes with white chocolate and marshmallows on top – tasted delicious, if you didn’t look too closely and Aziz made chocolate brownies which were really good though he decided he didn’t like nuts in cakes after he had put nuts in! Gilly came round for tea last night and we had soup and cakes, we then drank wine and put the world to rights whilst the boys watched Pirates of the Caribbean.

IPWD running this morning - Peri gave me a pedometer for Christmas and I like being able to clock how far I’ve run – which I do in kilometres as you get more for your effort than miles!

My MP3 player is set on random and the music is always a surprise – today I had several sad songs including Madeleine Peyroux – ‘You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go’ – Jimmy gave me her CD for my birthday and I struggled with this song then – as it was one of Chris’s favourites – but as I ran it came on my MP3 player and it was OK – and the park was beautiful, with snowdrops and lots of birds so I was happy – which was good.

Then Rob took the boys to the museum and I went to the Walker – and now I’m doing my blogg and then going to cook some tea.

So a full weekend – some elements similar to before but sufficient differences - and it’s good to feel happy – I suppose that's what we all want to do .