Saturday, February 17, 2007

feeling better

Woke up feeling better in myself – about time! - then had good day – with my family. Went to Jenny’s and had a walk - then lunch – walk being a typical Stevenson walk – i.e.. 5 miles around Alsager!

Really enjoyed and appreciated two conversations – one with my nephew Dan – very special young man – and one whom I feel very close to – being there for him when Michael died - and knowing how he feels for me – makes our conversations deep and important.

Then another conversation with my sister Jenny – walking a route that she walked a lot when Michael had just died – to loose a son - as she did when he was only 19 – makes me feel that my loss – though massive is less – Jenny didn’t agree which made me love her more.

But to talk about life and death is so important – we also discussed about how people we love don’t face the reality of living – i.e. life is lived with knowledge of death – Chris lived his life with the knowledge of death from the age of 13 – he was borderline death for a month and then lived with pain – I just feel so fortunate to have lived so close to his knowledge.

I have so much time for the Reads – their world was so totally devastated by Michael’s death and yet they are so lovely and so there – when we need them – thank you Reads – the Jenkins know this!