Monday, March 30, 2015

Melbourne #2


Dear Mum

It’s now Thursday afternoon and Kerry and I had a leisurely morning walking the dog. She lives in a place called North Fitzroy - it is an old suburb of Melbourne - it was build around late 1800’s - there is a Liverpool Street and a Birkenhead Street and as most of the emigrant ships left the port of Liverpool that is not a surprise! It is a nice area with a park and little shops, see the photos.

I am now at my friend Stephanie’s house , she lives more in the suburbs of Melbourne. We are going to a Festival for the weekend and as we are camping I will not be able to write another letter until I get back on Sunday. No electricity or magic wifi!

The weather today is not so warm - though still warmer than the UK - it is the start of autumn and the leaves are just thinking about turing colour. I haven’t really seen much of the countryside yet - but will see more en route to the festival.

It has just started to rain but Stephanie seems to have all the camping gear sorted so we will stay dry - hopefully it will be sunny over the weekend.

Kerry and Stephanie have just been planning my time whilst I am here - and I feel very welcomed and at home - it is lovely to be staying in friend’s houses whilst I am here.

Hope the weather is warm and sunny in Knutsford and that you get out and about over the weekend.

Until my next letter next week - lots and lots of love Tricia xxxxxxxxxx