Saturday, March 21, 2015

First letter to my Mum



Paris


Dear Mum

Because I’m not going to be able to phone you for the next few weeks - I am going to send you letters. I will send these either via Claire in Abbeyfield or Jenny - through the magic of the internet!

It will make me happy to think of you sitting in your room reading about my adventures and as I am sending this one via Claire it is also a nice thought to think of Rose, Grace, Rene and Barbara also reading it - maybe in the conservatory with the sun shining outside and the birds singing in the garden and diving in and out of the thick green hedge. Very well fed birds! It also makes me happy to think of you collecting some scraps of bread and making your daily walk to feed the ducks on the moor.


I left Liverpool on Thursday evening having finished Jury Service. on Wednesday. I found Jury Service quite difficult as I told you, though I appreciate it is actually a really good thing within a society. I have to say it was well organised and I enjoyed the company of my fellow jurors, but it was painful to see the defendants and to hear of their lives. I sat on two juries, we found one man not guilty and another guilty but in both cases it seemed just so sad to see how some people can live in such chaos and without a real sense of purpose.


I am now in Paris at Alex and Lara’s and little Alba is a joy - blooming and thriving and ruling the roost! She is quite an opinionated baby - nothing to do with her genes of course! She can laugh and smile and then just as quickly scream the house down! I have just had the lovely pleasure of helping bath her and then after a sleep - whilst we ate breakfast - played with with her for a long time, she is now feeding and then we are all going out - Alba’s first train journey!


I will keep in touch with you via these letters and I am sure I will hear of your doings from Jenny as she emails me regularly. With very much love and best wishes from Alex and Lara and besos (Spanish kisses) from little Alba.



Tricia xxxxxxx