Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Doha letter

Dear Mum
 Arrived in Doha last night after a very easy flight, the aeroplane was brand new and not very full, and I ended up on a front row with lots of leg room and three seats all to myself - perfect way to fly!!!
The day had started early in Paris as I left Alex and Lara’s flat about 5 o'clock in the morning to go to the station. Lara’s mum came with me and helped me with my bags, which was nice - we talked in Spanish! I have two suitcases which is a lot for me as I am used to travelling with a small suitcase and a backpack but as I’m going to be away for quite a while ,I seem to be carrying quite a lot of stuff ,including some books which are always heavy.
I am staying at the house of Jim and Barb, Rachel’s parents, here in Doha. They only came back from Oman yesterday morning, where they had been on holiday. We had a lovely evening last night talking about the wedding and other things. They are moving back to the States in a few months and they are  looking forward to that.
I am having a lazy day, we are going to the swimming pool shortly and then having a barbecue tonight before I catch my plane to Australia. around midnight.  Jenny and I stayed with Jim and Barb  last February on our way to India, so we saw the sights of Doha  (which doesn’t take long!) so I am happy just to  relax today.  There is a three hour time difference between the UK and Qatar so you will just be getting up and having your breakfast as I write this.
It was really nice to get the message from Claire yesterday  when I arrived to let me know that you had received my first letter and that the system worked well! Thank you Claire. There are two pictures in this letter, Jim and Barb  and a picture of Alba with her other Abuela (Spanish Granny) which Lara sent yesterday, they had a sunny day in Paris.
I will write to you next from Australia - sending all very much love from Qatar.

                                            Tricia  xxxxxxxxxx