Sunday, December 02, 2012

Things the same - yet things so different!


Well I'm back home - after another marathon - Sweden, Netherlands, Portugal.......

Feels like I am still landing - which is not surprising as I went directly from two very early flights, after about one hour's sleep, driving straight from the airport to my sister Jenny's for lunch with the family - which was lovely.... then home via the supermarket - and then somewhat ambitiously I made a Christmas Pudding!

Doing my blogg now - which I love to do - finding the space to start to reflect on what I feel tonight..... Well - I can clearly see that I am still as high as a kite from the experiences of the last two weeks!!!! And understandably!!!! But that in itself is good to know - recognising that I need to spend time focusing on landing.

OK - levels - work was great - very hard at times, very focused, lots of demands on my time, energy and abilities - and pretty constant, full on - days and evenings - breakfast conversation merging in full days of meetings which merged into dinners and very late nights - all interspersed with walks through the beautiful city of Porto - lots of good work being done whilst going up and down those steep hills between our hotel and the University rectorate building where we were based - special conversations.......

Wonderful work, and I can see so much more clearly after this last week - really starting to see what the SiS Catalyst legacy will look like, specifically, globally and also for me - this was a huge development in my thinking.

But there are other levels - deep, deep connections with others who understand - what a joy - what a joy - what a joy!!!!! As a consequence I did three sound healing sessions - which were all so different and yet each one was very well received - and they also gave me an amazing feeling of 'rightness' - I love doing them and it was a big jump between my worlds. The three sessions came naturally out of conversations - and it was good to have the chance to talk deep with others - not with everyone but with a growing number of people. Bufffffffffff!

The word which has been dancing around my thoughts all this week – and it is a word that has been around in my head for quite a while - certainly several months now – anyway the word is 'consciously'.

It was my intention when in the valley this summer - to be able to see more consciously - and suddenly I can see that really beginning to appear not just for me - but also for others.

OK what do I mean by 'seeing more consciously' – for example I had a beautiful conversation with my Mum at Jenny's today - we were talking about war/peace. She was born in 1920 - a peace baby 'Irene' - after the first world war – and was then the generation of young people caught up in the second world war - and my Mum said - the young people of today - they are more conscious - they travel, they use computers - they are more connected - this enables them to be more 'conscious of each other'.

I personally feel 'more conscious' of how I am living my life – consciously being happy for example. The shift I saw in myself this last week or so - has been to 'see' this change in consciousness - both within myself and crucially also within my work - for example working with global partners and witnessing their shared recognition of their similarities in their very different cultural, geographical etc etc localities.

Mmmmmm – lots and lots to think about, to reflect on – but now the call of a hot bath, a mug of camomile tea and bed with a hot water bottle in it – has just become too strong for me to resist!!!!!

Thank you blogg reader – my mind is just buzzing and it's lovely to get some of it down!