Sunday, December 23, 2012

feelings of change...

.....am at home - Jimmy, Alex, Lara and I flew home from Croatia via Budapest yesterday and got home to tea cooked by Rachel who was waiting for us - she couldn't join us at Robbie's as she still hasn't got her passport back. Funny to be part of a family that needs passports to visit each other!

They've all gone out tonight and I have been knitting - we managed to leave my suitcase at Rob's house - with several of both mine and his Christmas presents in it - bit bonkers - but I think we were all a bit hung-over after his birthday party - well it happened - it was quite funny - got to Budapest airport - about 3 hours from Rob's - opened the boot of the car - and realised!  I had knitted my Mum a sort of shawl/scarf of beautiful soft wool and Rachel a waistcoat of 3 pieces - and one piece of the waistcoat and all of the shawl/scarf are still in a suitcase at Rob's!!! But Lara and I went to the wool shop today and I have made my Mum a cushion for her back and tonight knitted a very quick scarf for Rachel from fancy wool - so I am happy!

Tomorrow I go and pick my Mum up and bring her here for Christmas - 6 of us in a tiny flat - it will be squashed but wonderful - tomorrow night dinner in a restaurant - Christmas day at Fiona's and Boxing day here with Evie, Michael and Gilly. Precious, precious, precious times. I sound like my Mother -  am just so lucky - she says lucky - I say blessed - but I think we mean the same - grateful to be alive and recognising the wonderfulness of that.

Realised that I had titled this blogg - feelings of change - then wrote about knitting...... but I do have a huge feeling of change..... it sort of feels like everything is different - but strangely when we were in Croatia - it just felt so normal to be at Rob's - which on reflection is a bit wierd - but in a few days time Alex and Lara will go to Spain to spend New Year with Lara's family - and none of this feels strange. So much change yet all sort of deliciously normal - people/family - so of course normal - people are people and family is family - love it!

So the change must be in me! Maybe - I do feel like I am living in some accelerated whirlwind - though also knitting - there's a paradox! Feeling in a vortex of change whilst focusing on the minutiae - but the small things are the most important and even though everything is so rapid - we are living in this - the present moment!!!!

OK - so I will continue knitting - then go to bed very grateful in having 2 sons and their amazing partners staying in my flat - having just been visiting my third son - to be picking my Mum up tomorrow and then to be having a family Christmas - then dancing in Spain - lucky/blessed - just grateful............