Friday, March 02, 2012

Leaving Columbia...

.... I have been amazed by the beauty of this country and the warmth of my welcome which has continued over the last lovely week. We have been travelling - driving on roads - an adventure! Staying in old villages with dancing horses and moto rickshaws providing street performances in the evenings - meeting people and hearing stories - walking on high paths through green lush countryside enchanted by birds and insects of many colours - enjoying such richness with an open heart and great pleasure - but now I must go home.....

Like the best holidays you get to the stage when you know it's over and it's time to go home and you must start closing off from this world and begin to prepare for the return to the old world.... but like the best holidays and best adventures - I know I go back a different person - my heart is full of immense gratitude for the wonderful time I have had - and I have learnt so much - about myself and my journey and I am filled with great happiness - how amazingly lucky am I?

So a shower, breakfast, a drive around the lakes of El Pinol then to the airport......... then home.