Sunday, February 05, 2012

Happy to blogg.................

.... in fact I have been looking forward to it all day - in that nice warm - close to the heart feeling - this evening I will sit in my cosy little flat and blogg!!!

Have had a truly beautiful day - apart from driving my Mum back on icy, slippery roads - horrible - I do NOT like driving on icy roads!

But a lovely Saturday - 'a memorable day' - according to my Mother which is special.... She is finding it so hard at the moment - selling her house - her home of 55 years - and passing on all her furniture and most everything else - as she now lives in a single room - moving on ..... so very, very hard.........

It was decided a few weeks ago that I would have Evie and Michael round for lunch on this Saturday - and this grew to include my Mum, Jimmy and Florian also came - (with Rob on Gplus and Alex on phone!)... wonderful technology!

So today I made a lovely lunch for 6 of us in Liverpool - steak and kidney pie, mushy peas followed by rhubarb and ginger crunchy crumble and custard - very British! And as my Mum said very memorable.....

Writing my blogg is all about me thinking and reflecting - and I have been thinking tonight - and looking back over my blogg to 5 years ago when I was a widow of 4 months - where my Mum is now ... and looking back IT WAS SO HARD!

My Mum is amazing - we were telling her after lunch - how inspirational she is - and she is - truly inspirational....

A year ago she was living her life - getting older with my Dad but living at home, and getting on with her life - I think I could see how fragile it was - but I don't think she did..... then 8 months ago a tsunami hit her ... starting with my Dad going to hospital after Jim's 21st.... her own major surgery.... my Dad running out of energy.... her breaking her hip.... my Dad's death, funeral and then her move home to Abbeyfield..... a tsunami indeed my lovely Mum - and as we told her today – she has come through all this change extraordinarily.........

She is now living semi-independently (in a home she set up and nurtured for over 40 year ) living an active life - in London last week for Bryony's graduation, holiday booked for July - cruise to Norway (with Fiona, Evie and Jenny) - just living her life - 91 and amazing - yes my Mum is truly inspirational!

Tonight I looked back on my blogg to where I was 4 months after Chris's death - I remember with heartache that January - Good Days and Bad Days - I was just living day by day... and it was really, really hard - but I also see that I was moving on.....

'Final thought re the Good/Bad Day thing - I do feel very loved - and how lucky is that - I was loved by Chris for 35 years and I continue to feel very loved now - after he has gone - so again how lucky is that - to feel loved is to feel special and that means you can cope with the Bad Days. ' Posted by Tricia Alegra Jenkins at Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Reading that makes me so proud of myself !!! I was in a hard place but I was holding on to the positive and moving on - on my own, but with love - moving on - painfully but also joyously ..... bufff ... my Mum and I have a lot in common xxxxxxxxxxxx