Sunday, February 19, 2012

Loving Brasil......

Have been here for a few fantastic, wonderful, jam packed days of Carnaval, parties, meeting and connecting with amazing people and children.... and lots and lots of dancing! This is a holiday and a half!!!!

Yesterday we went to a Samba bar and we drank beer and ate traditonal food and danced to hours of wonderful music - I was in my element.... I am not able to really talk with many people except when Raul translates - as I find Portugese very different to Spanish - but it didn't matter - I have loved listening and focusing on the conversations as you can see much without understanding all the words - that has come out of the last few days very strongly to me. When we understand the language I think we can make assumptions about what people are saying and don't really 'see' them when we are talking...... and of course the language of dance is universal! I think it's my first language - next time I fill a form in which asks Which languages do you have? I think I'll say Dance, English and some Spanish.

The day before was truly extra-ordinary - I was very honoured to be welcomed into a community - meeting open hearted people who work with passion, commitment and politics and of course children...... it was so inspiring... I am crying as I write this - I loved the honesty I met - truth seekers... the difference between 'Working with passion and soul' and 'Doing a job' is huge. It is something that the distance of being here is really showing me...... why do we do anything in this life unless it is with passion and soul?

Bufff - big thoughts here - but beautiful ones! So my journey in South America continues and I will do my very best cherish every precious second and to live every moment with total passion and soul - as it is the only way to live!

And oh yes - I was in the Carnaval!!!! X9 Samba School in a truly mind blowing costume, dancing in a block of about 50 people dressed like me - there was about 50 Blocks and floats in the X9 school parade - truly wonderful experience - my friend Raul has welcomed me into his life and world, for which I am truly grateful - how blessed am I!!!