Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It seems a strange time to be going on holiday.....

...but also a very right one.

Last August when I sat in the final Spirithorse circle - Shivam asked who wanted to go to India - and as I looked around - to see who's hands were up - I realized mine was - which just seemed the right place for it to be!!

Though I am actually very tired - last week and this, saw the finale of months of work - and in many ways the timing has been really good - as it has been a very hard few weeks/months. I'm also leaving things with a lot of uncertainty about my future at work but also feel very reconciled to this. My life will change whilst I'm away, through changes to me and changes to circumstances. I can now do no more but embrace whatever occurs.

Which is a good starting point for a holiday - though this will like no other holiday I have ever been on - I have no idea as to itinerary - or even where I'm staying beyond the first night - so wow this is a real adventure. I know we will spend at least 4 days at Arunachala, the holy hill at Thiruvannamalai and I am going to visit a university founded by a man I met in Beirut - but beyond that - hey I have no idea!!!

So am nearly packed, visa arrived yesterday, friends due round shortly and Jimmy for tea tomorrow then a very early start on Friday for my Indian adventure - nervous, excited and just so, so lucky!!!!!!