Sunday, January 17, 2010

When wow becomes hard work... reality check

I keep coming back to the onion skin analogy - you just get through one layer - and then there's another one! Buuuuuuuh - life is like a walk that you set off on - really happy - with a plan to do that little hill in front of you - but you get to the top of that - and what can you see? - another one - so you think I want to get to the top of that one too - so you go for the next one - and surprise surprise - get to the top of that one and guess what! another 'bite size' mountain ahead - so you say I'll do that one too - and then - and then - and then.........

Then you stop and think how lucky am I - to be here - to be climbing this mountain - to be out breathing this fresh air, to feel the breeze in your face and to see the world from a new vantage point - amazing!!!!

Then you continue to climb the mountain - though by this time it is fair to say your feet and other parts of your body hurt - and you are no longer certain if there will ever be a 'mountain top'. But you are hooked on that feeling of being on top of the world, the view of everything around, beneath and above you and the amazing joy of being alive...... and you also recognise that you don't actually have any choice - so you veer between joy and pain... wow ..... well it makes sense to me!!

Context for this - a good weekend - of extremes - Finns on Friday, Wassailing party Saturday - both wonderful - thoroughly enjoying both my professional and my personal life- with good people, honesty and a lot of FUN!!!!!

Doing this on my own - including crack of dawn starts to days working on important (to me) stuff - plus drinking too much and dancing - but you can never dance enough!!!! Know I'm not alone - but hey - I do feel pretty alone quite often - sorrow/joy needs to be felt!!!

Wow - I'm on this mountain trek called life - and I'm still here - this is good - being here is good - feel strong - but also vulnerable - but that's OK.

Hey ho - how lucky are we to be alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!