Sunday, January 03, 2010

Amazing, extraordinary New Year......

It's sometime very early on the 3rd of January and I have just come back from Spain.......... I'm wide awake in bed, music on, drinking chamomile tea and eating Christmas cake 'cos that's the only thing I could find to eat... with a hot water bottle at my feet - so I'm perfect... but I'm also completely at a loss for words to describe my new year.....

What I actually want to say is .........wow................ wow............... wow..... dear blogg I have been doing some amazing things over the last couple of years but my experience of the last few days has beaten them all. There were so many different things happening which all added up to a heady and powerful mixture - but maybe it wasn't a lot of things together - maybe it was just the whole thing - as a complete thing - or maybe it was just what happened to me - or .... maybe I have just become totally incoherent!!

OK - certain things can be described - an amazing house, built specifically for dancing, on top of a mountain, above a river in flood, surrounded by olive trees, the extra-ordinary weather, gale force winds, huge clouds, mountains with snow on their peaks, a full moon and so many rainbows they were in danger of becoming common place - huge rainbows which arked over the valley, often double, dwarfing the mountains with their intensity.... we even had a lunar rainbow from the full blue moon in partial eclipse on new years eve.........

So that was the setting for eight of us to ceremonially dance out the old year and dance in the new one... which we did - the deepest, wildest and most profound dancing I have done... beautiful, wonderful and transformative.

We also sat around a large table and ate the best of food, drank wine, told stories, talked and laughed but most of the time we danced and went deep and then deeper.................................... wow - it truly was amazing.

Dancing like that, with a powerful teacher, is a gift... but I also recognised myself and the work I put into my dancing... it wasn't easy ... many times it was painful, excruciatingly painful.... but it was worth it... I learnt so much from my fellow dancers and I know that they learnt from me.. and it was also just such an amazingly beautiful process...

This is a bit incoherent ... but back to my mantra - how lucky am I..... something new though - luck and recognising and cherishing good things - big and especially small - go hand in hand....