Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jimmy is 18

.. and gorgeous - he is such a lovely lad. We are watching the European Cup - he can't do anything tonight as he has 3 physic exams tomorrow - and I'm so proud of him - as he has taken these exams very seriously - a few weeks ago I really didn't think he was on track but the penny seems to have dropped over the last few days - and at the moment - half way through - he seems to have done OK - I'm holding my breath and just hoping... it's so hard being a parent cos you can't do it for them - not that I could have ever done physics AS! He does seem positive at the moment - which is great.

Stuff at work rumbles on - the opening of the building next week is pretty hysterical - it's an unbelievable mess at the moment - but hopefully it's like spring cleaning and everything falls into place very quickly at the last moment!

Feel much more positive myself this week - a good long conversation with Margaret last night helped - and the dog seems to have calmed down with his early morning barking - but maybe I'm sleeping better and not quite so sensitive to it.

So my baby is 18 - have felt a bit of a Chris absence tonight - but that's right and normal - it's a significant day.