Wednesday, May 07, 2008

France

Was good - lots of old villages, churches, aqueducts, history and medieval/roman ruins etc interspersed by markets, wild horses and mountains. I did less walking than I would have liked and Gilly did more than she would have like - but as good friends we compromised.

Thought a lot about Chris, for several reasons, we had travelled that area together and with the boys, he would have liked the format of the holiday and I just missed his knowledge and company.

Back home to find Rob – just happening to be here – which was lovely – it’s nice to come back and talk about where you’ve been. Jim has been fine but is getting a bit freaked about his exams which start in a week’s time, Alex on the phone – connecting with my three lovely boys.

Work tomorrow – can’t say I feel ready or up for it – probably because I’ve switched off – which is good. Walk with my sisters on Saturday and then Gilly’s birthday dinner on Sunday.

Feel tired but not sleepy but happy to be home.