Sunday, July 29, 2007

Scotland and back again

Time goes so slowly and yet so fast – I did savour and enjoy my time away with the boys – it was good. A whole lot of firsts – it felt a proper holiday which was a good first, staying in hotels with the dog on the way up and back – reminded me of travelling with a toddler – which as Jim is now 17 was a long time ago! We were lucky with the weather and had a lovely, active week, staying in a very comfortable house, with views of the sea – on the Isle of Skye.

I did enjoy myself - though it did feel a bit lonely at times – but there again that’s how I feel at the moment. Really enjoyed the company of the boys and their enjoyment of each others company – we did loads – walked, boat trip, pony trekking, swimming in the freezing cold sea and a few more walks – so a good time!





Scotland is so beautiful – I took with me the Scottish Highlander book and much of it was based in Skye – I found it very thought provoking – visualising the reality of the harsh way of life and Scottish Clearances etc.



Work tomorrow – not unhappy about that – am glad to be home – it didn’t feel so painful coming home this time – which was good. Did think about Chris a lot when I was away – about what he would have enjoyed but also about how it was different without him – still find it hard sometimes to think he has actually gone out of my life forever.

The dog had a wonderful time and is now depressed to be at home!