Saturday, March 03, 2007

Feeling proud of Jims

So it’s Friday night – and I have just come back from Marantos – big gang of us – post Jim Porter’s play – now that’s a first! Really enjoyed talking to Jim ( the exec) tonight about being in a play – a leading role. Everyone felt very proud of him – now that he’s not working to perform in a play – takes a lot of courage – also to see the knock on effect on his family and the drinkers on Lark Lane – who went on mass tonight – really good stuff!

I saw the play earlier in the week – and went Dancing tonight again – just love it – so all in all a good Friday night.

Concerns about Neil in hospital and also heard that Alan L. is also in hospital tonight – don’t know the details but will ring Moira tomorrow.

My Jim is staying at a friends tonight – so there is just me in the house – feeling OK about this – though it still feels very weird.

Jimmy sat his mock ASs this week – better than 0% in December but don’t think by much. What I have learnt from last weekend is – that we must be more positive about Jim’s achievements – yes ok he is struggling with his studies but I feel so proud of him – he has got up – gone to school – tried to revise – gone in on time for exams that he knows he is going to fail – and he has done it – so I am determined that we don’t dwell on the results of his exams and recognise how well he has done to actually get into school etc – and still be the lovely 16 year old that is supporting his Mum and just growing into a gorgeous 17 year old.

So tonight I feel proud of both Jims!