Friday, April 03, 2015

Melbourne #4


Dear Mum

It is now Thursday morning and I am waiting to go to the University of Melbourne for the first meeting. When we return we will go up to the beach house which is about an hour and a half away, on the Great Ocean Road. There are lots of British names here and we will pass through Anglesea and Torquay - there are so many places with British names in Australia - the legacy of the early settlers of course - as well as Geelong and Werribee - all very interesting!!!!

I am eating a hot hot cross bun - they always remind me of travelling down to Spalding and staying with Aunty Ellen. There is a lovely shopping street next to Kerry’s house and it has many little shops like fishmongers and bakeries - and Kerry just brought me a hot cross bun for my breakfast! I like the old sign in this row of shops which says: 'Arnt you marvellous'- a lovely message - and here’s to you my lovely Mum - 'Arnt you marvellous!!!'

It’s now after the meeting - well it went very well - just a small group - see picture - it was a preliminary meeting for a bigger event in May - I gave a presentation for a bit over an hour and we had good discussions. I am pleased as they are now organising the next event based on this one. We are all packed up and ready to go to the beach house - as it is the Easter Weekend.
 
We passed this building - on the tram we went down to the city - it’s called Royal Exhibition Building - it’s one of the oldest buildings in Melbourne. Look how blue the sky is! The light is quite extraordinary here in Australia.

This is a picture of Kerry and Stephanie buying Easter cakes after the meeting!

Got to go now the car is nearly packed - will send my next letter from the beach - isn’t the technology just marvellous as well!!

Lots and lots of love

Tricia xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 


......and it’s snowing in Prague!