Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Airey’s Inlet #2


Heard from Claire that her printer had stopped working - so Mum might have seen these but not got a printed version yet - am sure it will be repaired soon! Heard from Jenny that Mum took all the letters with her when she went to hers on Friday!


Dear Mum


It’s Easter Monday and I'm sitting on the deck with my computer, writing this letter to you. In front of me are two very big and beautiful parrots. One is very red chested with green wings and a dark tail than the other has a green head , green wings and a very beautiful bluey green tail, they are very tame and feed out of your hand.


There are also big white cockatoos around here, my friends don’t like them as they are bullies towards the parrots and they also do damage to the house with their pecking. It is quite funny that
every time the cockatoos land on the deck, David rushes out and chases them away.


So I haven't got a picture of the 
cockatoos yet! They are bigger than the parrots and pure white except for the yellow crests they have on the head. It looks like the single crest which they fan out into three yellow crests - beautiful birds but not very popular!


It has got cold today and I went to a charity shop with my friend Kerry and bought two jumpers, they cost me in total $4 which is about £2. I hadn't packed enough warm clothes but the charity shop was the perfect solution.


On Saturday we drove up the Great Ocean Road to some famous rocks called the 12 Apostles. We passed through amazing forests of beautiful really old trees. The Apostles were very impressive but I think the trees were the favourite bit of the trip.


I heard you had a lovely day and Jenny’s on Friday with Aidan and Livvy, and I’m sure you really enjoyed it. We are going for a walk now up to the lighthouse.


With lots of love my lovely mum.


Tricia xxxxx