Sunday, April 12, 2015

Back in Melbourne

Dear Mum
Back in Melbourne from the beach house. The weather has turned really cold, but I suppose it is autumn. But then the sun will come out and then it is very hot -  a strange climate! Yesterday went up to a beautiful waterfall  and looked for koalas but didn’t see any!     
As you can see the Eucalyptus trees are evergreen and do not shed their leaves or turn yellow, but there are some trees which have started to turn and there is Virginia creeper in Kerry’s backyard which is changing into that beautiful red colour. I suspect the deciduous trees are imports from Europe but don’t know for sure. It must be really into spring in the UK, I will have missed all the daffodils in Sefton Park. They were just starting to come out when I left and will be well gone when I return.
I have just organised my trip to New Zealand, I am going with my friend Sue who is also in Australia ,staying with her brother in a very remote part of New South Wales. I am meeting her in Sydney so I will have a day to look around and then we fly together to Christchurch for a week. We are hiring a camper van and  we will travel around the South Island - very exciting!
I have heard from Claire that her printer has stopped working and she is not now able to print out the letters, so I will send this one to Jenny and I am sure she will be over to see you soon! Claire is going to get a new printer but won't have it until after the 19th, so I will send the next few letters via Jenny. You will be off to London soon for your birthday weekend, I am sure you will have a grand time!
AND I HAVE VERY LOVELY NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!
Alex, Lara and little Alba are going to join us in July for the whole week in  the cottage in Anglesey. Won’t that just be wonderful!  

Lots  and lots of love  Tricia   xxxxxxxxx