Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Deliciously tired....

... an tonight I do feel wonderfully weary.

Worked hard for the last few days for a deadline - another funding proposal which went off this afternoon - and I loved it. Don't know if the bid will be successful - but just loved the thinking and where the process of writing it took me/us.

The bid is called ' Dream Our World' and it is for funding for a global conference of young people - working with them in such a way as to enable them to identify what an ideal education environment should be - for them....

The most powerful thing about Bucharest for me was the meeting of minds of the young people - and the one thing that they totally agreed on - absolutely unanimously - from around the world - was that their education/their schooling is profoundly boring.......................

I was talking about this to Jim over the weekend - and it was so true of my childhood - and I think of his - children go to school to be taught - not to learn - but to be taught. And what we were taught was/is - How to be an adult - How to conform - How to obey the madness which are the self imposed rules of our society..... absolutely bonkers!!!!!!!!

So I love the thinking which enables me to go back into my childhood and to start to think through what I've been taught - and then to reflect on what I actually needed to know!!!

Having my Mother in my life is also really important to me as I think through this stuff - reflecting with her and through her - what she has learnt over and through her rich and long life - the two ends of the spectrum - I suppose - what is it that young people want/need to learn? - and what is it that elders understand through their own life's experience of learning  (and actually how much of that was taught?)

Closer to home have spend a lot of tonight talking on the phone - lovely deep conversations - learning - and lots of openness and love - wonderful - so a mind full - a heart glowing and a body weary...... time for bed......