Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years Day

It's now very late on New Years Day - and we have just had a lovely lovely day after a great New Years Eve Party. Last night - I'm not certain how - my whole house was full of great people - and we danced, talked, drank some wine, ate some food and just had a wonderful time. Mainly dancers - it was a very unpressurised night of uncomplicated enjoyment - now that's rare!

Today Sues, Paul and I tidied up - we all had a big breakfast, then Franja and I went for a walk, visited the Beech Tree, watched 8 episodes of Pride and Prejudice whilst drinking 'teaposy' tea, eating European chocolates in front of a big coal fire, played cards with Jimmy and Jan and again just really enjoyed ourselves. I should be tired as I didn't go to bed until 5.30 but still feel wide awake.

How lucky am I - feel this so strongly - I'm moving on - my life is changing so much - so many new people, so much to be thankful for - WOW!