Sunday, January 11, 2009

A new year ........................

Back at work this week - I have always found the first week back difficult. The dark early mornings come as a shock to the system. Picking up all the bits of work and looking ahead to another very busy year ahead, though an uncertain year, no routine forming in my working life - which is good but a bit scary too. Finding it hard to find my own focus when I look around in the context of the world and see all the mess that we humans have made, but knowing I can only do the best I can. Can see why people find January depressing.

But how lucky am I, having a lovely weekend, Alex and Lara home from Spain, Chilli Banana with the boys, Lara, Gilly and Nita on Friday. Fireworks to mark end of Capital of Culture with Perri, Lara and boys, then big tea and silly games in front of coal fire last night. Now Sunday morning time to take the dog and do my Spanish homework and appreciate my life and the new year underway.